This page will be continuously updated with each of the sessions’ materials as they occur.
Session 1: Introduction to Canada’s Strategy for Patient-Oriented Research
- Overview of SPOR
- Canada’s Strategy for Patient-Oriented Research – (Sections 1, 2.2, 2.3.7, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, & 5.0 only)
- Lay Perspectives (Entwistle et al. 1998)
- Webinar #1 Presentation: pdf | video
Session 2: Exploring Some of the Barriers and Drivers of Public Participation in Research
- Exploring Perceived Barriers, Drivers, Impacts and the Need for Evaluation of Public Involvement in Health Care and Social Care Research (Snape et al. 2014) – discussion questions
- Webinar #2 Presentation: pdf | video
Session 3: How is Patient Engagement Incorporated into a Research Project?
- Patient Engagement in Research: a Systematic Review (Domecq et al. 2014) – discussion questions
- Webinar #3 Presentation:
Session 4: Benefits of Incorporating the Patient Perspective
- Mapping the Impact of Patient and Public Involvement on Health & Social Care Research (Brett et al. 2012) – discussion questions
- Webinar #4 Presentation: pdf